Spaniard Alejandro Davidovich Fokina won two sets to nil (6-4, 6-4) against Dutchman Botic van de Zandschulp, seeded n°5 and qualified for the second round of the tournament. Hamburg, Monday morning, at the Am Rothenbaum in Hamburg.
The 35th player in the world had won his first confrontation against the Dutchman at Roland-Garros in 2021, and the latter had taken his revenge on the lawn of Queen’s this season. Back on clay, Alejandro Davidovich Fokina is therefore awarded the third act of his duel on the ATP circuit against Botic van de Zandschulp.
World 35th ATP player Davidovich Fokina will win the upcoming match between Slovak qualifier Jozef Kovalik and German wild card Max Hans Rehberg in the second round of the German Tennis Championships.
The other matches of the first round in Hamburg (ATP 500, Am Rothenbaum, clay, 1,911,620 EUR, the results are displayed from the most recent to the oldest):
- Alexander Bublik – Andrey Rublev: to play
- Francisco Cerundolo – Daniel Altmaier: to play
- Federico Coria – Daniel Elahi Galan Riveros: to play
- Nikoloz Basilashvili – Aslan Karatsev: to play
- Emil Ruusuvuori – Diego Schwartzman: to play
- Tallon Griekspoor – Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune: to play
- Laslo Djere – Borna Coric: to play
- Pablo Carreno Busta – Luca Nardi: to play
- Aljaz Bedene – Fabio Fognini: to play
- Sebastian Baez – Filip Krajinovic: to play
- Carlos Alcaraz – Nicola Kuhn: to play
- Jan-Lennard Struff – Karen Khachanov: Monday program
- Jozef Kovalik – Max Hans Rehberg: program Monday
- Lorenzo Musetti – Dusan Lajovic: program Monday
- Marko Topo – Alex Molcan: Monday program