Seeded No. 4 Maxime Cressy qualified for the quarter-finals of the Newport tournament, winning two sets to nil (6-3, 6-4) against qualifier Mitchell Krueger on Wednesday at the end of the tournament. afternoon, at the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum in Newport.
Cressy, ranked No. 41 in the ATP, will face the winner of the upcoming match against Czech No. 7 seed Jiri Vesely and American Steve Johnson in the quarter-finals of the Hall of Fame Open. .
Krueger, 146th in the world at ATP, won against Dutchman Tim van Rijthoven (7-6 4-6, 6-3), in the previous round of the Rhode-Icelandic tournament.
The other meetings of the second round in Newport (ATP 250, International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum, grass, USD 665,330, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Felix Auger-Aliassime – Jason Murray Kubler: program Wednesday
- Peter Gojowczyk – John Isner: program Wednesday
- Benjamin Bonzi – Christopher Eubanks: program Wednesday
- Max Purcell – Andy Murray: program Wednesday
- Jiri Vesely – Steve Johnson: program Wednesday
- Alexander Bublik – Jack Sock: program Wednesday
- Quentin Halys – James Duckworth: program Wednesday