Kazakh Alexander Bublik, seeded n°3, reached the quarter-finals of the Newport tournament, eliminating American Jack Sock (6-3, 3-6, 6-2) early Wednesday evening, on the lawn of the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum in Newport.
Bublik, 42nd in the world at the ATP, will face the winner of the upcoming match between Australian wild card Max Purcell and seeded No. 6 Andy Murray in the quarter-finals of the Hall of Fame Open.
In the previous round of the Rhode-Icelandic tournament, Sock, ranked 100th in the ATP, won against Radu Albot (6-1, 7-6 ).
The other posters of the second round in Newport (ATP 250, International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum, grass, USD 665,330, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Felix Auger-Aliassime – Jason Murray Kubler: program Wednesday
- Peter Gojowczyk – John Isner: program Wednesday
- Benjamin Bonzi – Christopher Eubanks: program Wednesday
- Max Purcell – Andy Murray: program Wednesday
- Steve Johnson – Jiri Vesely (N.7): Johnson qualified (WO)
- Maxime Cressy (N.4) – Mitchell Krueger (Q): 6-3, 6-4
- Quentin Halys – James Duckworth: program Wednesday