The American nominee Bernarda Pera won two sets to nil (7-5, 6-2) against the Belarusian Aliaksandra Sasnovich, seeded n ° 5 and obtained the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament, Wednesday in all early evening, at the Római Tennis Academy in Budapest.
Pera, 130th player in the world at the WTA, will face the winner of the match between the Italian Elisabetta Cocciaretto and the Czech Katerina Siniakova in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian tournament.
The American had eliminated the lucky Spanish loser Marina Bassols Ribera (6-2, 7-5), before this duel against Sasnovich, 36th in the world at the WTA, on Wednesday.
The Belarusian player had won against the Hungarian qualifier Fanny Stollar (6-3, 0-6, 6-3).
The other posters of the second round in Budapest (WTA 250, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 203,024 EUR, the results are displayed from the most recent to the oldest):
- Elisabetta Cocciaretto – Katerina Siniakova: Thursday program
- Yulia Putintseva – Laura Pigossi: Thursday program
- Xiyu Wang – Ana Bogdan: program Thursday
- Aleksandra Krunic – Shuai Zhang: program Thursday
- Anna Bondar – Despina Papamichail: Wednesday program
- Martina Trevisan (N.2) – Kateryna Baindl (Q): 6-4, 7-5
- Lesia Tsurenko – Kamilla Rakhimova: 6-7 6-4, 7-5