Ukrainian Lesia Tsurenko reached the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament, beating Russian Kamilla Rakhimova in three sets (6-7 6-4, 7-5) Wednesday in the middle of the day, on the clay court of the Római Tennis Academy in Budapest.
Tsurenko, No. 97 in the WTA, will face the winner of the upcoming match between Kazakh Yulia Putintseva, seeded No. 3, and lucky loser Brazil Laura Pigossi in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian Open.
The 33-year-old Ukrainian tennis player had largely dominated Brazilian fame Carolina M. Alves (6-4, 6-1) in the previous round of the Hungarian tournament.
Rakhimova, 107th player in the world at the WTA, won against Romanian Elena-Gabriela Ruse, seeded n ° 7 (6-4, 6-7 6-3).
The other posters of the second round in Budapest (WTA 250, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 203,024 EUR, the results are displayed from the most recent to the oldest):
- Elisabetta Cocciaretto – Katerina Siniakova: to play
- Yulia Putintseva – Laura Pigossi: to play
- Aleksandra Krunic – Shuai Zhang: to play
- Xiyu Wang – Ana Bogdan: to play
- Anna Bondar – Despina Papamichail: Wednesday program
- Aliaksandra Sasnovich – Bernarda Pera: program Wednesday
- Kateryna Baindl – Martina Trevisan: Wednesday program