Italian Elisabetta Cocciaretto beat Czech Katerina Siniakova two sets to one (7-5, 4-6, 7-5) and qualified for the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament early Thursday evening, at the Római Tennis Academy in Budapest.
Cocciaretto, ranked 118th in the WTA, will face American qualifier Bernarda Pera in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian Open.
Before this meeting against Siniakova, ranked 93rd in the WTA, on Thursday, the 21-year-old Italian had eliminated the Hungarian wild card Reka-Luca Jani (7-6 6-2).
The Czech had improved from the abandonment of the Ukrainian Anhelina Kalinina, seeded n°4 (6-3 ab.).
The other posters of the second round in Budapest (WTA 250, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 203,024 EUR, the results are displayed from the most recent to the oldest):
- Yulia Putintseva (N.3) – Laura Pigossi (LL): 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
- Xiyu Wang – Ana Bogdan: 7-6 7-6 
- Aleksandra Krunic – Shuai Zhang (N.6): 6-1, 6-0
- Anna Bondar (N.9) – Despina Papamichail (Q): 6-2, 6-3
- Bernarda Pera – Aliaksandra Sasnovitch (N.5): 7-5, 6-2
- Martina Trevisan (N.2) – Kateryna Baindl (Q): 6-4, 7-5
- Lesia Tsurenko – Kamilla Rakhimova: 6-7 6-4, 7-5